Cookies and Cones Limited (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Cookies and Cones”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our users of our website or mobile applications.
1. CONTACT DETAILS
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Service to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our site, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process;
- when you contact us directly via email, message or via our chat functionality;
- when you browse and use our site (before and after you create an account with us);
- we also collect information from third party sites, e.g. advertising or analytics platforms
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you place an order on our website, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, email address, order detailed delivery address (if applicable), preferred store and payment information such as credit or debit card information.
We also collect information about your usage of the Service or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail or via phone.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device, location data and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Service.
Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. Cookies and Cones is the “data controller” for the information you provide to us.
Where we need to, in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the website;
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order, notify you of refunds, ask for feedback about, the platform or the products or services purchased through the platform
- to carry out fulfilment for their orders either in store or through a delivery partner
- to send you marketing communications, or to let you know about special offers or products which they think you may be interested in
- to resolve customer support queries
- to enable a delivery partner to deliver the products sold through the platform
We may also use your information for the following reasons:
- to optimise the quality of the Service and overall customer experience
- to tailor the food items or order in which food items are presented to you, for example so that we can show you restaurants which are in your area or make sure you see the advertising of items which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
- to send you personalised marketing communications, for example based on your dietary requirements or past order history, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
5. DIRECT MARKETING
Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email. You may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button within any email sent by Cookies and Cones or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or in accordance with an order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority.
This was last updated 01/03//2021.